Rellenong alimasag or stuffed crabs dish, the difficult part in preparing this dish is collecting the meat from the crab shells and claws including meat from the legs. But now you can buy crab meat in the supermarkets. The collected meats are then sautéed and stuffed to the shell nothing special.
Preparation and cooking time: 45 mins
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe Ingredients:
- 5-6 pieces alimasag, big variety, boiled
- 2 tbsps. cooking oil
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. red hot pepper, minced
- 1/2 pack (7 grams) ginisa flavor mix
- 1/4 tsp. super seasoning
- 1 cup potatoes, boiled and diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs to coat
- cooking oil for deep frying
Rellenong Alimasag Cooking Instructions:
- Scoop out all alimasag meat and reserve empty shells.
- In hot oil, sauté tomatoes, alimasag meat and hot pepper.
- Sprinkle ginisa flavor mix and super seasoning.
- Mix with potatoes and remove pan from flame. Cool.
- Brush a little beaten egg into each crab shell.
- Pack with cooled stuffing and cover the open edge with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil for frying. When hot brush each stuffed shell with remaining egg.
- Keep the shell bottom up while frying.
- When done remove from pan and drain.
- Serve hot with Rice.