- 2 cups flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2 Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- 3 Mix dry ingredients well – a whisk works well.
- 4 Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren’t obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.
- 5 Let batter set for 2-3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it’s easy to spread.).
- 6 Pour batter onto pan. Because it’s going to tend to mound in the middle, you’ll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).
- 7 Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.
- 8 Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don’t need a sharp knife – I usually just cut it with a spatula.
- 9 At 12 servings, each piece of bread has less than one gram of carbohydrate – .8 to be exact – plus 5 grams of fiber.