Director of Software Engineering CTO/ VP Technology/ Technology Director/ Senior Technical Product Manager/ Senior Technical Program Manager in a StartUp and small size companies.
Software Product Development: eHealthcare system, SMS/ IVR Patient Communication, eCommerce Content Management System (CMS), Business Rule/ Process Automation, Data Segmentation System for CRM, Email Marketing, Print and Email Fulfillment System, Data Warehouses, Facility Management Software.
Team Leadership: Department creation, team building, personnel mentoring, goal setting, reviews, hire/fire.
Technical Implementations: AWS Guru (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53), StrongMail, WordPress, Drupal, MySQL,
AWS, MS SQL Server, Linux LAMP Servers/ Email/ Virtual Hosting
Director of Software Development
Dec 2016 – Present (3 years 6 months +)
Our ProLease Real Estate, Facilities and Lease Accounting software is geared towards organizations to help automate and more efficiently manage their real estate leases, equipment leases and facilities data.
Product Owner of two core modules:
– Workplace (CAFM)
– Maintenance (CMMS)
Product Management: Design/Proto Type New Features
Maintain Virtual Department: 100% remote workforce
Dev Ops: Build/Maintain Server Environment in RackSpace Cloud, DBA, Client Data Import/Export
Tech Support: Support our growing client base while looking for efficiencies in design to reduce Help Desk requirements.
Software Trainer: Trained users on our product.
Other Hats!: Inside Sales, Compliance Officer, Security Officer
CTO, Chief Technology Officer [Consultant]
Jun 2016 – Dec 2016 (7 months)
I am a senior technology leader working with early stage startups to create solutions which revolutionize their industry’s. I’ve worked in bootstrapped and funded startups in the Healthcare, marketing, eCommerce, training and architectural spaces. I am working with new ventures and would enjoy hearing about your latest endeavors or openings.
CTO, Chief Technology Officer
Nov 2013 – Jun 2016 (2 years 8 months)
CircleLink Health, formerly MedAdherence, is an automated patient engagement company that enables health care professionals to monitor and manage their patients’ conditions through the a personalized Care Center,
devices, patients’ own mobile and land based phones.
Challenged with converting medical study based business to a Medicare reimbursement product model.
– Designed eHealth product around evolving Affordable Healthcare Act, Chronic Care Management Reimbursement.
– Created a development team using local off-site full-time developers, CodebaseHQ, Slack, Jell, UberConference and Office365 for ease of communication. Secure remote access to all systems and easy on-
boarding for full-time, temporary and intern resources in a PCI/ HIPPA compliant environment.
– Realigned staff to support business technology goals with recent Computer Science graduates.
– Created/ managed AWS resources and scalability for expected 2-5k patient growth per month.
– Participated in AWS Activate Program, saving the company $15k annually.
– Decreased new client setup from 4 months to 1 hour. Formed Customer Help Desk.
– Implemented Code Review, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing (TDD) for Agile Software Development.
– Created Policies And Procedures between Technology And Operations.
– Created Mobile application with an outside vendor to provide self service access to eHealth system RESTFul API’s.
– Implemented AWS HIPAA Environment reducing hosting costs by $22k annually while reliability increasing speed.
– Relocated office to co-working space reducing rent and increasing staffing flexibility.
– Created Software Development Life Cycle, Business Process Improvement Strategy, Quality Assurance – Change Management Strategy, HIPAA compliance, Best Practices and Disaster recovery plans.
– Setup phone system, networking, PC/Linux/MAC OS support, turned the lights on, made coffee, fixed coffee maker, turned the lights out and other day to day operations.
VP of Technology, Software Development/ Co-Founder
Designs for Growth
Nov 2011 – Nov 2013 (2 years 1 month)
– Startup Mentor on Emerging Technologies for Stamford Innovation Center Hacker group and Startup Weekend 2013.
– Provided and maintained Magento, WordPress and Drupal websites for several local storefronts.
– Directed Magento implementation for a global online printed label company. Designed Promotional processes, Implemented LivePerson Chat, improved the user experience, simplified reporting and record keeping.
– Implemented SaaS solution for local sports league. Converted manual sign up process to 100% online automated system tracking over 300 applicants and 250 finalists. Completed signups and collected all payments online 3 months faster than prior years.
– Hands-on WordPressMU plugin development for a leading information technology research and advisory company.
– Created over 50 websites utilizing WordPress to enhance online business outreach.
– Co-founder learncademy.com, startup training program for entry-level developers by mentors with a proven track record. Created CaniCode.co, an online survey system to qualify for the LearnCademy.
Senior Manager, Software Architecture & Development
Mar 2000 – Sep 2012 (12 years 7 months)
Understanding the project scope and conducting needs analysis, resource allocation, scheduling, and performing continuous follow-up along with implementing Agile Frameworks.
Senior Manager, Member Communication System Development, Team Lead
Jan 2009 – Oct 2011 (2 years 10 months)
Performed collaboration with business units, created solutions for communication needs in an Agile environment. Provided Linked technology solutions to broader business development needs, including cost
efficiencies, KPI’s, performance metrics, productivity and process improvements, Lean operations, data accuracy and integrity.
Senior Manager, Member Communication Systems Development
Jun 2007 – Jan 2009 (1 year 8 months)
Directed development of communications systems and managed email and print marketing and fulfillment systems for the enterprise.
Senior Manager/Project Manager, IS Strategies Application Development
Apr 2003 – May 2007 (4 years 2 months)
– Managed multiple projects with a focus on enhancing existing architecture to utilize SOA, managed 2-4 direct reports and 5-25 on active projects in a matrix team organization. Implement budget based project manager
incentive based goals.
Senior Manager, Marketing Application Development
Mar 2000 – Apr 2003 (3 years 2 months)
– Coached, mentored and developed high performance team of over 15 direct reports to design a custom CMS system, updated and enhanced customer and client CRM systems.
Manager Web Development
1997 – 2000 (4 years)
• Led modernization of websites and web content with a focus on enhancing the corporate brand and image.
Senior Developer/Project Manager/Inside Sales/Help Desk/CAD Operator
Jul 1993 – Oct 1997 (4 years 4 months)
• Created applications to support facilities management, data conversion, bar-coding assets, archive/retrieval
systems, web development, corporate email systems, etc utilizing VB 2/3, Delphi and DB2.
Hathaway Reiser & Raymond
Jun 1984 – Jun 1990 (6 years 1 month)
Metalwork, wirework and ropework for Sail and Power boats. Welding, Electroplating, repairs and fabrication. Stainless Steel and Aluminum.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy BS, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
1987 – 1990
Westhill High School, Stamford CT
1982 – 1986
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Scrum Master – International Scrum Institute
Second Assistant Engineer License for Steam and Diesel Engines of Unlimited
Horsepower. – US Coast Guard
E-commerce • Agile Methodologies • Software Development • CRM • Web Development • Cloud Computing •
eHealth • HIPPA • XML • Project Management